It is of paramount that psychologists skilled in treating child post-traumatic stress are involved at an early stage following a child’s arrival in the UK. If appropriate intervention is not available, the cost will be very high. Treating PTSD is a specialised intervention.
It is imperative that once and for all there is a clear distinctinction made between psychological trauma and other emotional problems.
In addition to emergency safe placement child refugees require: –
- Assess to early specialised psychological screening and assessment protocol.
- An individuated statement of emotional need.
- Skilled PTSD treatment individualised to the individual child.
- On-going monitoring
- The opportunity to maintain Cultural links and heritage inherent in any treatment
At Christine Tizzard Psychology we provide Mental Health Professionals, Local Authorities and Children’s charities with specialised child refugee trauma treatment services.
In addition, our psychology team provide bespoke training courses to Local Authority Staff, teaching staff, and primary care professionals in identifying atypical trauma. These are currently held in Canterbury, Kent and Chichester, West Sussex. The training may also be provided in house.
- Child Poverty: Is a Child’s Success Dependant on a Parent’s Income? December 11, 2017
- How the Media Should Report Mental Health Stories November 15, 2017
- Black Friday and the Psychology of What We Buy November 2, 2017
- A Cup of Tea in the Hour of Need September 15, 2017
- Easy Back to School Tips August 31, 2017
Syrian Refugee Children – Psychological Support
These services are available on a case by case basis to Local Authorities. Please contact us for more details.
Christine Tizzard Psychology
Forum House, Stirling Road,
Chichester, West Sussex PO19 7DN.
Phone: 01243 775055 | E-mail us: email@example.com