Christine Tizzard Psychology offers a range of treatments and services to suit individuals, couples and families. Some clients approach us with a certain type of therapy in mind. However, you may come to us not knowing which type of treatment you would prefer, or which would be most effective.
Either way, we meet you for an assessment, where we can discuss your needs and work out the approach that brings the best possible outcome. Sometimes that may mean using more than one type of therapy in tandem.
Following an initial assessment, recommended treatment may include:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – perhaps the best-known type of talking therapy, CBT is suitable for a wide range of issues, such as anxiety, depression, eating disorders, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) – this is most commonly recommended for people with a diagnosis of Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), and related conditions.
- Family Therapy – having therapy as a family doesn’t mean blaming parents for their children’s behaviour; it is about problem-solving. Family therapy explores the whole dynamic, and is delivered on a case-by-case basis.
- Solution Focussed Therapy (SFT) – an ideal talking therapy for those short on time, SFT can be delivered in as little as three to five sessions, helping you to set goals and overcome obstacles.
- Adult & Child Psychotherapy – our average adult or child psychotherapy treatment plan takes five sessions. It can involve a range of different talking therapy approaches to break down thought patterns that may have been with you since childhood.
- Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) – this is a dynamic way to treat Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), which a client may have lived with for years or even decades.
Contact us today to arrange your initial assessment or for further details of our treatment options in various parts of the UK. We look forward to hearing from you.